I hope your 2018 is off to a great start! Hello from the world of "Beyond the Pacific". I'm so excited to have you here, whether as a returning friend or for the first time.
I blog for three main reasons:
I love to write.
I love to share.
I love seeing people succeed.
I strongly believe that we can all succeed if provided with the right tools, tips and knowledge.
So, if only one person has been enlightened or inspired from reading a blog or watching a vlog, then the purpose of this hub is achieved.
WHAT IS THIS HUB ALL ABOUT?
This hub is all about sharing.
Sharing of ideas on all things related to business success and legal knowledge.
And we’ve got tips on lifetyle, travel, love and fashion.
On 26 June 2017, we launched our “Pacific Dialogue” vlog series.
This entails a one-on-one discussion with experts who will share knowledge and success tips
from their business, law or lifestyle field.
==> A new blog or vlog is released weekly on a Monday <==
WHO AM I?
I was born in Fiji with a Pacific Islander (i-Taukei) heritage;
my paternal links are from Rukuruku, Tavua and maternal links from Soa Village, Nakorotubu, Ra.
My family and I moved to Melbourne, in 1987 and I have called Australia home for 30 years.
Therefore, the words Beyond the Pacific sum up my whole life in a sense.
I became a blogger in April 2015 due to a growing trend of family members, friends and peers asking for information or how-to advice on certain aspects of their lives. I thought it was time to gather all these answers under one umbrella in the form of my love of writing.
>>> For as long as I can remember since I was a teenager, I’ve always loved to write.
I’d write poems, short stories, songs and journals.
I love the beauty of words, especially when they are
empowering, encouraging or enlightening. <<<
HOW AM I QUALIFIED?
My knowledge and experiences are pulled together from many years and areas of expertise.
- Manage our Gold Coast based international business.
- Study Bachelor of Laws at Bond University towards practising as a Corporate Lawyer.
- Am an emerging fashion designer for the cause of empowering women & children.
- Am establising my own fashion label called House of Ratu.
- Cuddler of two adorable & cheeky Ragdoll cats.
- Am a happy wife.
In my spare time, I:
- Serve as Secretary on the non-profit board of directors for ‘The Leniata Legacy‘.
- Actively contribute on the ‘Pacific Fashion Festival‘ committee.
- Am a current member of the ‘Pasifika Women’s Alliance‘.
- Advocate against domestic violence through the above non-profit organisations.
- And advocate against abuse on children.
I am excited about growing this hub with you in mind throughout 2018.
If you have any questions or feedback, send them through here.
You can also subscribe to get weekly blogs and vlogs delivered straight to your inbox.
Come join me in going above and Beyond the Pacific!