Hello from the world of "Beyond the Pacific". I hope your 2018 is off to a great start! I'm so excited to have you here, whether as a returning friend or for the first time.
WHO AM I?
My favourite accessory is a big happy smile.
My blood type is busy.
I relax with classical music.
I’m terrified of horror movies.
I have a license to wear high heels.
I’ll try anything once.
Work should be fun and exciting.
I’m most at home with flowers and candles.
Living by the water makes me feel alive.
Life is a big adventure to be explored.
Australia has my heart.
Fiji sustains my soul.
>>> I’m Miriam (better known as Miri) and
here you’ll find my personal musings about the world we live in <<<
I’m a Fiji-born Australian, with a Pacific Islander (i-Taukei) heritage;
my paternal links are from Rukuruku, Tavua and
maternal links from Soa Village, Nakorotubu, Ra.
My family and I moved to Melbourne in 1987 and I have called Australia home for 30+ years.
Therefore, the words Beyond the Pacific sum up my whole life in a sense.
I blog for three main reasons:
I love to write.
I love to share.
I love seeing people succeed.
I became a blogger in April 2015 due to a growing trend of family members, friends and peers
asking for information or how-to advice on certain aspects of their lives.
I thought it was time to gather all these answers
under one umbrella in the form of my love of writing.
For as long as I can remember since I was a teenager, I would convey my views, feelings and ideologies about the world through poems, short stories, songs and journals.
>>> I love the beauty of words!
Especially when they are empowering, encouraging or enlightening <<<
So, if only one person has been enlightened or inspired from
reading a blog or watching a vlog, then the purpose of this hub is achieved.
WHAT IS THIS HUB ALL ABOUT?
This hub is all about sharing.
Sharing of ideas on all things related to business success and legal knowledge.
Tips on lifestyle, fashion, love and travel. Info on our humanitarian work.
Sharing of deep insights through poetry.
Our “Pacific Dialogue” vlog series is a discussion with experts
who will share knowledge and tips from their field of work.
HOW AM I QUALIFIED?
My knowledge and experiences are pulled together from many years and areas of expertise.
- Manage our Gold Coast based international business.
- Study Bachelor of Laws at Bond University towards practising as a Corporate Lawyer.
- Am an emerging fashion designer for the cause of empowering women & children.
- Am establishing House of Ratu; my own fashion label.
- Cuddler of two adorable & fluffy Ragdoll cats.
- Am a happy wife … well, most of the time 😉
In my spare time, I:
- Serve as Secretary on the non-profit board of directors for ‘The Leniata Legacy‘.
- Actively contribute to the ‘Pacific Fashion Festival‘ committee.
- Am a current member of the ‘Pasifika Women’s Alliance‘.
- Advocate against domestic violence through the above non-profit organisations.
- Advocate against abuse on children.
I’m excited about growing this hub with you in mind throughout 2018.
If you have any questions or feedback, send them through here.
You can also subscribe to get weekly blogs and vlogs delivered straight to your inbox.
Come join me in going above and Beyond the Pacific!